- Ph.D. Texas A&M University 1997
- B.A. University of North Carolina 1993
- Chair of BioMolecular Sciences
- Professor of Pharmacology and Environmental Toxicology
- Research Professor in the Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Dr. Willett and her collaborators study the developmental, reproductive and multigenerational impacts of cannabinoids and benzo[a]pyrene exposure using fish models. She also has studied nanosilver mechanisms of toxicity and the consequences of the Deep Water Horizon Oil Spill on oysters. She is also part of a multidisciplinary team of researchers helping to engage Mississippi communities to decrease lead exposure via drinking water.