- Ph.D. Texas A&M University 1997
- B.A. University of North Carolina 1993
- Chair of BioMolecular Sciences
- Professor of Pharmacology and Environmental Toxicology
- Research Professor in the Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences
The research of Dr. Willett focuses on understanding the multigenerational and epigenetic mechanisms underlying carcinogenic, endocrine disruptive and developmental effects of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon exposure using fish models; Fish embryo and gill toxicity of manufactured silver nanoparticles; and Environmental effects of coastal disasters including Hurricane Katrina and the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill.