We are a highly-respected community of learners, educators, scientists, and practitioners whose innovative achievements position us as leaders in improving health and wellness.
- Increased funding for research.
- Placements of choice for our graduates, residents and fellows.
- Increase in number of high-impact publications and presentations.
- Increase in number of license agreements and commercialization of technologies.
- Recognition at a national level of faculty, students, student organizations and our programs through awards, scholarships and elected leadership positions.
- Development of collaborations internally and externally.
- Maintaining exceptional NAPLEX performance.
- Improved quality of incoming undergraduate and graduate students and post docs.
- Advancing innovative pharmacy practice models.
- Demonstrating improved health outcomes.
Comprehensive Mission Statement
The mission of The University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy is to improve health, wellbeing and quality of life of individuals and communities by educating students, practitioners and scientists, conducting research, and engaging in service.
We will accomplish this by providing:
- Innovative, team-based models of practice, with an emphasis on underserved populations and those with health disparities.
- Quality, progressive education and training for professional and graduate students, post-graduates, and practitioners through continuing professional development.
- An environment that promotes the generation and dissemination of new biomedical knowledge and technologies through collaborative and interdisciplinary research.
- Opportunities for discovery, translation and dissemination of knowledge of natural products and novel pharmaceuticals.
- Leadership in the development and implementation of advanced pharmacy practice models.
- Collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Opportunities to conduct practice-based and translational research.
- Community engagement through service.
By fostering a spirit of teamwork and partnership that is founded on respect for the contributions of others, we seek to create interdisciplinary, synergistic relationships characterized by inclusiveness and flexibility.
We seek to encourage and support resourcefulness, originality, imagination, ingenuity, and vision in our students, faculty, and staff.
We strive to meet and exceed, through continuous improvement, the highest expectations for achievement as we maintain the highest quality and standards in all of our endeavors.
We value the discovery, acquisition, application, and dissemination of knowledge, and will work to foster these activities in pursuit of our vision and fulfillment of our missions.
We encourage and foster the development of leaders who have the ability to influence the thinking, understanding, and attitudes of others and who have the ability and courage to identify and effect solutions. Leadership requires the ability to inspire, enable, instill confidence, build a shared vision, and connect with others through mutual trust, responsiveness, and sincerity.
We encourage and support student-centered, ability-based learning; the mentoring of new faculty, graduate and undergraduate students; lifelong learning; and intellectual curiosity.
We foster, encourage, and expect the active demonstration of structural, attitudinal, and behavioral attributes of a profession and its members. We believe that there are certain professional attributes that are fundamental to our functioning as learners, educators, researchers, scholars, and practitioners of pharmacy. These attributes include a service orientation, one in which the needs of others are put above personal needs; caring; respect for others; accountability to our stakeholders and responsibility for one’s action; and integrity, honesty, and ethically sound decision making.
We value respect for the diversity of people with whom we work and those we serve; the importance we place on our local, state, national and global communities; and our concern for the welfare of humanity and the environment, as evidenced in the way we serve others.