External Events Related to Glycoscience
2021 NIH VIRTUAL SEMINAR ON PROGRAM FUNDING AND GRANTS ADMINISTRATION
The 2021 NIH Virtual Seminar on Program Funding and Grants Administration has been designed to provide you with a unique opportunity to learn about the NIH grants process, programs, and policies directly from NIH & HHS experts.
This event is intended to help:
- Demystify the application and review process;
- Clarify federal regulations and policies; and
- Highlight current areas of special interest or concern.
This seminar is designed for those who are new to working with the NIH grants process – administrators, early stage investigators, researchers, graduate students, etc. For those with more experience, NIH experts provide a few sessions that are designed for participants that are more advanced and are focused on more in-depth polices and processes.
- Four Days: Monday, Nov. 1 - Thursday, Nov. 4
- Three concurrent sessions on most days. Open to all participants - no further registration.
- 45-minute session times with a 15-minute break before the next one begins. All sessions are live, though a few will show a short pre-recorded video.
- Staffed and Unstaffed Hours: All noted times are in the U.S. New York time zone - EDT
- Concurrent Sessions 1:00 PM - 5:45 PM
- Meet the Experts Exhibit Halls: 4 Rooms with Booths - NIH Central Resource Room (Staffed 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM); NIH Institute and Center - Rooms A & B (Times vary for staffing, but open 24/7 for resources); Special Topics and Funding Program Room (Times vary for staffing, but open f24/7 for resources).
- Presenters and 1:1 Meet the Experts: Staff represent HHS and NIH programs, offices, and Institutes and Centers.
- All this for free! Register Today!
NIH Maximizing Opportunities for Scientific and Academic Independent Careers (MOSAIC)-Slides PDF
Society For Glycobiology 2021 Annual Meeting
The 2021 SFG Annual Conference Program Committee has put together an exciting program of plenary lectures and structured poster presentations from invited speakers and participants who are conducting the most innovative and cutting-edge research in glycobiology in the world today.
You can expect to learn about the latest research related to the following topics:
The common focus on the functional role of carbohydrates brings together different research areas and stimulates discussions and innovative ideas. We hope you can join us!
NIH and NSF Events Listings
Up Front: The Science Behind the COVID-19 Vaccines with Dr. Joshua Sharp
Joshua Sharp, faculty member with the School of Pharmacy, shared the science behind the COVID-19 vaccines and answered general questions on the development of vaccines on Tuesday, Feb. 9, 2021, through the Ole Miss Alumni Association's Up Front Speaker Series.
If you missed the talk, but would like to view the recording, you may do so at the following link: UM Alumni Association UPFRONT with Dr. Josh Sharp - COVID-19 Vaccines 9 February 2021