- Ph.D. University of Texas
- D.D.S. University of Texas
- B.S.Ph. University of Texas
- Chair and Professor of Pharmaceutics and Drug Delivery
- Director of the Pii Center for Pharmaceutical Technology
- Research Professor in the Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences
His research interests include “trans” systems, including transmucosal, trans-nail and transdermal drug delivery systems. Many of these systems are directed toward the delivery of poorly soluble drugs via hot-melt extrusion techniques. Polymeric drug delivery design and stabilization of conventional and novel drug delivery systems for natural product compounds such as THC, is a continued focus of research.