- Goal I: Develop progressive and sustainable capacity for clinical and translational research in Mississippi.
- CCTS will support all phases of clinical and translational research by expanding and maintaining a flexible research infrastructure capable of adapting to new research approaches and technologies.
- Goal II: Promote interprofessional engagement in clinical and translational science.
- CCTS will promote interprofessional engagement to identify clinical and translational research opportunities and foster the development of effective collaborative teams.
- Goal III: Foster research collaboration among stakeholders in and outside of Mississippi.
- Translational research, by its very nature, demands a high degree of collaboration between basic scientists, clinicians, epidemiologists, public health workers, patients, and patient advocates.