The following are the course summaries of the courses offered our the newly constructed Natural Products Training Laboratory (NPTL) in the University of Mississippi, in partnership with the National Center for Natural Products Research and NSF Health Sciences, a division of NSF International.
Look for new modular course structure coming soon.
NPTL currently offers two advanced training courses:
- A 3-Day course providing a blend of theoretical and practical information regarding botanical authentication and modern LC techniques and technologies.
- A 5-Day course that includes MS theory and practical quantitative applications in natural products, in addition to the 3-day course material.
These courses target individuals working in the dietary supplement industry and who have a good working knowledge of HPLC equipment and use. Attendees do not need to have a strong botanical knowledge or theoretical understanding of liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry. The design of these courses is to provide this information.
Upon completing the 3-Day course, the attendees will gain basic understanding in the following areas:
- plant taxonomy and botanical nomenclature
- herbarium techniques and importance of voucher samples
- identification and authentication of botanicals by macroscopy and microscopy methods
- preparation of botanical samples for microscopic analyses
- basic principles and operation of HPTLC
- role of LC/MS and GC/MS in authenticating processed materials
- modern LC separation and detection techniques, including supercritical fluid chromatography
- modern LC column particle technologies and the concepts and parameters which drive separation performance
- how LC methods can be transferred among columns with different particle size, as well as between LC platforms of varying levels of performance (HPLC, UHPLC and UPLC)
- how LC methods can be used for qualitative and quantitative analysis and comparison of botanicals
- LC data processing, including how CDS software can be used to expedite data analysis and evaluation
- chromatographic peak homogeneity (UV and MS)
- how UV spectral libraries are created and used
Attendees completing the 5-Day course will additionally learn the following aspects of MS:
- MS theory
- MS acquisition modes
- MS method development
- MS calibration
- MS quantificationMS
- MS sample preparation
- specific applications of MS detection for botanicals and dietary supplements
Register by July 4, 2018 and receive a 10% discount
Enter Code: SeptNPTL2018
3-Day course $2995*
5-Day course $4995*
We will hold the 3-day from Monday to Wednesday and the 5 day participants will stay Thursday & Friday for the additional aspects of MS. **We are currently in the process of adding new modular courses to better suit your needs. Please continue to check our page for new dates and new courses**
*Fee includes training and registration, lodging, and session materials. Airfare is not included.
A confirmation e-mail will be forwarded after registration is completed.
Limit of 10 seats per course. Once max registration has been achieved, additional participants will be wait-listed and will receive first priority if a seat becomes available.
NPTL Course Register here
Additional Course dates:
21 CFR 111 GMP OVERVIEW
Class Only $1500*
Class and NPTL course $1100*
NSF GMP Course Register here
FOREIGN SUPPLIER VERIFICATION
Class Only $900*
*Fee includes training, registration, and session materials. Airfare, hotel, and ground transportation are not included.
NSF FSV Course Register here
Additional Course dates: