Division of Pharmacy Professional Development
The Division of Pharmacy Professional Development (DPPD) is located at the University of Mississippi Medical Center campus.
Vision: To be the recognized leader that catalyzes professionals to drive practice advancement in Mississippi and beyond.
Mission: The mission of the Division of Pharmacy Professional Development is to develop professionals to:
- Identify and meet each patient’s unique medication-related needs
- Promote wellness and healthy lifestyle behaviors
- Ensure that medications are used appropriately
- Fully participate as essential members of interprofessional patient care teams
- Implement sustainable, value-based financial models
- Serve as effective preceptors
We will accomplish this by:
- Offering cutting edge educational programs through a variety of innovative delivery mechanisms
- Successfully integrating professional development across the University of Mississippi campuses (Oxford and Jackson), the State, and beyond
- Continually enhancing and strengthening the value of our offerings
- Building on our relationships with preceptors and alumni
- Establishing partnerships, collaborations, and strategic alliances
- Priority 1: Increase our visibility and awareness of what we do (internally and externally).
- Priority 2: Fully leverage technology to increase accessibility to and enhance our offerings.
- Priority 3: Increase our engagement with professional organizations around the State.
- Priority 4: Ensure long-term financial sustainability
Stuart T. Haines, Pharm.D., BCPS, BCACP – Professor and Director, Pharmacy Professional Development
J. Randy Pittman, Pharm.D. – Assistant Professor and Coordinator, Continuing Education
Meagan A. Brown, Pharm.D., BCACP – Associate Professor and Coordinator, Community Pharmacy Practice
Gary D. Theilman, Pharm.D. – Associate Professor and Coordinator, Instructional Technology
Marie Barnard, Ph.D. – Assistant Professor and DPPD Development Associate
Scott S. Malinowski, Pharm.D. – Assistant Professor and DPPD Development Associate
Patricia M. O’Sullivan, M.A. – Instructor and DPPD Development Associate