Summer College Pre-Pharmacy Program
The Summer College Pre-Pharmacy Program is a four-week program running June 27-July 27 for high school students interested in pharmacy who want to experience university life and begin earning college credits at the University of Mississippi.
- Earn college credit.
- Live on campus with other participants and explore the campus and Oxford.
- Participate in exciting hands-on projects and pharmacy site visits.
- Learn more about the School of Pharmacy’s Early Entry program.
- Create meaningful and lasting friendships.
- Deadline to apply: June 1
- Deadline for international students: May 10
- Move-in: June 27
- Move-in for international students: June 26
- Classes begin: June 28
- Final exams: July 26-27
- Move-out: July 27
Programs and Classes
- Requirements: Minimum 3.5 GPA and 24 composite ACT (or SAT equivalent)
- CHEM101: I Chemistry Concepts. Introduction to the basic concepts and mathematical tools needed to study and understand basic chemistry.
- MATH115: Elementary Statistics. Descriptive statistics; probability distributions; sampling distributions; estimation; hypothesis testing; and linear regression.
- Students will be exposed to different areas of pharmacy with site trips and a pharmacy project. Attendees will participate in a compounding activity, Pharmacy Ethics overview and Pharmacy Calculation activity. Students will visit the school’s medicinal plant garden, as well as a nuclear pharmacy, institutional pharmacy and community pharmacy.
- July 2, 2-4 p.m. What Do Pharmacists Do?
- July 5, 2-4 p.m. Current Issues in Pharmacy: Medicinal Marijuana
- July 6, 2-4 p.m. Medication Safety/Informatics
- July 8, 2-4 p.m. Team Building Activities and Introduction of Group Projects
- July 9, 2-4 p.m. Community Pharmacy Tour
- July 11, 2-4 p.m. Current Issues in Pharmacy: Opioids and Naloxone
- July 12, 2-4 p.m. Professionalism and Ethics Overview
- July 16, 11 a.m. Nuclear Pharmacy Tour
- July 17, 2-4 p.m. Current Issues in Pharmacy: Vaccinations
- July 19, 2-4 p.m. Compounding Lab
- July 23, 2-4 p.m. Hospital Pharmacy Tour
- July 24, 2-4 p.m. Patient Counseling Activity
- July 25, 2-4 p.m. Group Project Presentations; Farewell Party
To apply or for more information, visit outreach.olemiss.edu/schs. For questions, email admissions counselor Lindsey Cooper at email@example.com.