- Ph.D. University of Hawaii
- B.S. Bemidji State University
- Professor of Pharmacognosy
- Research Professor in the Research Institute of Pharmaceuitcal Sciences
- Professor of Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Professor of Pharmacology
Dr. Hamann’s research group explores the NMR structure, synthesis, pharmacology, ecological roles and pharmaceutical utility of marine natural products. Dr Hamann’s group also explores the role of bacterial symbiosis on the production of clinically significant natural products.