Pharmacy Administration News
Marie Barnard, assistant professor in the Department of Pharmacy Administration, is serving as an external evaluator for the project entitled “Increasing the Quality of STEM Education and Research,” which is awarded to the Natural Science Division at Tougaloo College through National Science Foundation (NSF) /HBCU-UP grant #1912191.
The project aims to recruit and retain STEM majors. It will also provide more student research opportunities and enhance faculty research and teaching.
“This grant aims to promote student success in STEM coursework and, eventually, in their careers by supporting them in their critical early years,” Barnard said. “Evaluation of the program will identify best practices that could spread across the country to improve minority student recruitment and success in STEM fields.”
OXFORD, Miss. – A former University of Mississippi faculty member – known globally as a leading pharmaceutical marketing expert – has made a major investment in the department he once led at the School of Pharmacy, increasing educational experiences for students.
With a $350,000 IRA transfer, Dr. Mickey Smith established a pharmacy administration endowment named for him and his late wife, Mary. The generous resources will provide funding for graduate student support, faculty development and seed funding for research projects. It will also help cover conference travel expenses and provide support for guest speakers and lecturers among other needs.
Read more: “When Faculty Give Back”
ALEXANDRIA, Va. – The Pharmacy Quality Alliance (PQA) and the University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy have established a three-year research partnership to develop and evaluate measures of prescription medication quality.
The University of Mississippi team will support PQA’s measure research and development work by evaluating quality measures using CMS Medicare and Medicaid administrative claims data.
Research funding reached $21.2 million in 2018, placing the School of Pharmacy second in the SEC and among the top 5 percent of pharmacy schools nationwide.
OXFORD, Miss. – Three School of Pharmacy faculty were recognized by the pharmacy academy of the National Academies of Practice at its annual meeting March 7-9 in Pentagon City, Virginia.
NAP is an organization that seeks to advance healthcare by fostering collaboration and advocating for policies that act in the best interest of individuals and communities through interprofessional collaboration, education and clinical practice.
OXFORD, Miss. – Three faculty members in the University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy have won competitive 2019 New Investigator Awards from the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy, giving the school five winners over the past two years.
AACP honors a limited number of research projects from junior faculty across the country every year. UM’s three winners for 2019 were Marie Barnard, Sujith Ramachandran and Vitor Pomin, who join UM’s two 2018 recipients of the award.
OXFORD, Miss. – Manvi Sharma, assistant professor of pharmacy administration, joined the University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy faculty in the fall after previously holding postdoctoral research fellow positions in the Department of Internal Medicine at the UTHealth McGovern Medical School and Health Services Research at the MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas.
Learn more about Sharma in the Q&A below.
Read more: “Faculty Feature: Manvi Sharma”
OXFORD, Miss. – University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy administrators Alicia Bouldin and John Bentley are proof that opposites can complement each other.
However, for all the pair’s differences, 25 years of working alongside each other created a bond of trust and appreciation that spurred them to celebrate their 25-year “friendiversary.”
Pharmacy Administration Announces Award and Scholarship Winners
Congratulations to the Pharmacy Administration graduate students who earned scholarships and awards for their outstanding work!
Check out the winners at the Facebook gallery: “Pharmacy Administration Award Winners”
OXFORD, Miss. – After completing in-depth discussions with diabetes patients and stakeholders throughout the state, University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy faculty and students are turning research questions from the “PaRTICIpate in Diabetes Self-Management Research Collaborative” into project proposals.
This research development project, which began in September of 2016, resulted in 20 patient-centered research questions aimed at helping to manage Type 2 diabetes. Now the focus is on turning three of these questions into three separate research project proposals in hopes of leveraging the research into something greater.
OXFORD, Miss. – A team from the University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy placed third out of 22 teams in the Pharmacy Quality Alliance Healthcare Quality Innovation Challenge last month in Baltimore, Maryland.
The four-student group consisted of third-year student pharmacists Mariah Cole of Meridian, Mississippi, and Anna Crider of Brentwood, Tennessee, as well as Pharmacy Administration graduate students Sushmitha Inguva of Hyderabad, India, and Siddhi Korgaonkar of Mumbai, India.
Photos from 2018 ISPOR
Pharmacy Administration had a great representation at ISPOR 2018 in Baltimore, Maryland!
2018 Summer Internships
- Ian Freeman is working at Amgen in Thousand Oaks, California, gaining experience in health economics and outcomes research.
- Monika Salkar is working at Glaxo Smith Kline in Collegeville, Pennsylvania, in the Value Evidence Outcomes (VEO) department. She will have projects that involve developing retrospective study designs and analyzing the company database.
- Chuk Dibie is working at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in Deerfield, Illinois, as he engages in relevant industry projects to gain hands-on skills. As he learns more about the ever-changing pharmaceutical and healthcare industry, Chuk looks to develop a professional network of mentors that encourage growth and continual development in the HEOR sphere.
- Kaustuv Bhattacharya, is working at Pharmerit International in Bethesda, Maryland, as this internship will help further develop his skills in the field of health economics and outcomes research, specifically real-world evidence and patient-reported outcomes. The projects assigned to Kaustuv are closely related to his dissertation research, so it will help familiarize him with some methodologies he plans to explore.
- Siddhi Korgaonkar, is working at Alkermes Inc. in Waltham, Massachusetts, serving as an HEOR summer intern. This will provide her with exposure to working in the pharmaceutical industry. Siddhi will gain hands-on experience, practical learning and networking with professionals that will broaden her career prospects and help her grow as a researcher.
- Sushmitha Inguva, is working at AbbVie in North Chicago, Illinois, as she is excited to strengthen her knowledge in patient-reported outcomes (PRO) and their application to the Parkinson’s disease area.
Erin Holmes Named PY2 Teacher of the Year
Erin Holmes won the 2017-18 PY2 Teacher of the Year Award. Erin is an associate professor of pharmacy administration and research associate professor in RIPS. Her teaching interests include pharmacy law, pharmacy management, and health care administration.
Chuk Dibie Wins PY1 Teaching Assistant Award, Interning in Illinois
OXFORD, Miss. – Ashley Crumby, a University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy graduate student, was named a recipient of the Pre-Doctoral Fellowship in Pharmaceutical Sciences given by the American Foundation for Pharmaceutical Education.
Crumby will use her fellowship to continue research for her dissertation entitled “Valuation of mentorship in pharmacy education and the impact of perceived involvement,” as she measures the value student pharmacists place on mentorship.
OXFORD, Miss. – Blake Thompson, the 2018 Hartman lecturer for the University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy, surprised a crowd of student pharmacists, faculty, friends and family at the March 9 lecture by offering to cover a semester’s worth of tuition for one student.
Thompson, a UM alumnus who is vice president for government affairs at Ohio State University, delivered a lecture focused on the importance of taking career risks. To demonstrate, he asked any student to come onstage and speak to the nearly-full Gertrude C. Ford Center for the Performing Arts about his or her own career goals.
Congratulations to Blake Thompson, the 2018 Pharmacy Administration Alumnus of the Year recipient! Thompson, vice president for government affairs at Ohio State University, delivered the School of Pharmacy’s 2018 Charles W. Hartman Memorial Lecture titled “Risk and a Prospective Payment System.”
March 12, 2018
Erin Holmes, associate professor of pharmacy administration at the University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy, will be inducted as a Fellow of the American Pharmacists Association at the organization’s annual meeting Mar. 16-19 in Nashville, Tennessee.
“When I think of those who are current APhA Fellows and those who are being inducted in my cohort, I am absolutely humbled,” Holmes said. “This is an incredible honor, and I am grateful to those who nominated and supported me.”
March 7, 2018
Blake Thompson, vice president for government affairs at Ohio State University and a University of Mississippi alumnus, will deliver the School of Pharmacy’s 2018 Charles W. Hartman Memorial Lecture.
Thompson, who is also secretary to Ohio State’s board of trustees, will speak on “Risk and a Prospective Payment System,” drawing from his background in health care policy and university leadership and governance.
February 28, 2018
When Sandy and John Bentley began dating, they knocked love right out of the park. Almost 30 years later, the University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy faculty members continue to show their relationship is a grand slam.
Sandy and John met as undergraduate student workers in Drake University’s dining services. The pair didn’t really know each other until John, now UM School of Pharmacy’s chair and professor of pharmacy administration, spilled a five-gallon bag of chocolate milk as he tried to refill the container. It was a good thing he didn’t cry over spilled milk.
February 6, 2018
C. Daniel Mullins, professor and chair of the Pharmaceutical Health Services Research Department at the University of Maryland School of Pharmacy, will deliver the 2018 Coy W. Waller Distinguished Lecture at the University of Mississippi.
The lecture, “Patient-Centered Discovery,” at 11 a.m. Friday (Feb. 9) at the Gertrude C. Ford Center for the Performing Arts, will focus on ways in which scientific and medical knowledge are translated into workable health solutions for patients. The School of Pharmacy and its Department of Pharmacy Administration are hosting the event, which is free and open to the public.
September 18, 2017
On Wednesday, Sep. 13, the Department of Pharmacy Administration honored Steve Blackwell with its 2017 Alumnus of the Year award.
Blackwell earned his Ph.D. in pharmacy administration from the School of Pharmacy in 1998. For nearly the past 20 years, he has worked with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services as a social science research analyst with the Research and Rapid-Cycle Evaluation Group in the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation.
Pharmacy Administration Graduate Student Scholarships
Congratulations to the Pharmacy Administration graduate students who were awarded 2017-2018 scholarships for their outstanding work!
Manasi Suryavanshi (left) won the Terence E. Downer Scholarship, and Nilesh Gangan was named the Medical Marketing Economics Endowed Fellow, the second in the department’s history.
August 2, 2017
OXFORD, Miss. – Capping off nearly a year of discussions with people who have diabetes and diabetes stakeholders across the state, researchers from the University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy invited them all to a meeting in Oxford to generate diabetes research questions as part of a research initiative.
Researchers involved in the project, called “PaRTICIpate in Diabetes Self-Management Research Collaborative: A Conference Series,” invited people with diabetes to a series of meetings throughout…
July 24, 2017
OXFORD, Miss. – Marie Barnard began work as an assistant professor in the Department of Pharmacy Administration on July 1, 2017.
Barnard most recently served as interim director of the UM Center for Educational Research and Evaluation. She has also worked as assistant dean in the UM School of Applied Sciences and executive director of the Center for Intelligence and Security Studies.
Originally from Drexel Hill, Penn., she earned her Ph.D. in pharmaceutical science from the School of Pharmacy…
Pharmacy Administration Professor Wins New Investigator Award
At last week’s School of Pharmacy Faculty/Research Scientist Retreat, it was announced that Meagen Rosenthal received the School of Pharmacy’s New Investigator Research Award for 2016-2017. This is a well-deserved recognition and a very high honor.
June 1, 2017
OXFORD, Miss. – Lela Chalmers is an administrative assistant in the Department of Pharmacy Administration. She has been at the School of Pharmacy since July of 2016…
Pharmacy Administration Adds Former Student to Faculty
Dr. Sujith Ramachandran, a former graduate student at the UM School of Pharmacy, began a new position as an assistant professor in the Pharmacy Administration department. His research interests include pharmaceutical marketing and health outcomes.
Nilesh Gangan Finalist for ISPOR Presentation Award
Nilesh Gangan has been selected as a finalist for the ISPOR 22nd Annual International Meeting Research Presentation Award. His poster presentation was titled: PSY1: Assessment of Hospitalization Due to Overdose Among Mississippi’s Division of MedicAid (DOM) Beneficiaries with Opioid Prescriptions.
Sushmitha Inguva Finalist for ISPOR Presentation Award, Interning in New York
Sushmitha Inguva has been selected as a finalist for the ISPOR 22nd Annual International Meeting Research Presentation Award. Her presentation is titled: PMH53: Impact of Using Affiliate IDs on PQA’s Opioid Multiple Provider Measure Among MedicAid Beneficiaries. She will also be interning with Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc. in Tarrytown, NY this summer.
Chuk Dibie Wins PY1 Teaching Assistant Award, Interning in California
May 11, 2017
OXFORD and JACKSON, Miss. – UM School of Pharmacy professors Kim Adcock, Robert Doerksen, Erin Holmes and John Rimoldi have been recognized as Distinguished Teaching Scholars for a three-year term beginning this year. This honor recognizes faculty members who have proven to be exceptional teachers and colleagues and who…
OXFORD, Miss. – Alan McKay, founding dean emeritus of the Shenandoah University Bernard J. Dunn School of Pharmacy, has been named the 2017 University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy Distinguished Alumnus of the Year.
McKay accepted the award April 8 at the annual School of Pharmacy Alumni Weekend banquet.
McKay completed his master’s and Ph.D. in health care administration, now called pharmacy…
Pharmacy administration professor John Bentley became the chair of the Department of Pharmacy Administration in the University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy at the beginning of the spring semester.
Bentley received his Ph.D. in pharmacy administration from the UM School of Pharmacy in 1998 and began working as an assistant professor in the department upon graduating…
OXFORD, Miss. – Meagen Rosenthal, assistant professor of pharmacy administration at the University of Mississippi, is co-author of a report that won the 2016 Best Paper award from the journal Research in Social and Administrative Pharmacy.
The paper, titled “Confronting inequities: A scoping review of the literature on pharmacist practice and health-related disparities,” reviews and...
January 10, 2017
OXFORD, Miss. – Researchers from the University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy are inviting health care professionals from the Oxford, Saltillo and Charleston areas to help brainstorm research questions for a study on diabetes self-management.
The project, titled “PaRTICIpate in Diabetes Self-Management Research Collaborative: A Conference Series,” will build on research that shows improvement in the health of diabetes patients when they are able to…
OXFORD, Miss. – Donna Strum, chair and professor of the University of Mississippi’s Department of Pharmacy Administration and research professor in the Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences at the School of Pharmacy, will become associate provost in 2017.
A native of Germantown, Tennessee, Strum earned three degrees from UM, including a doctorate…
October 17, 2016
OXFORD, Miss. – The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute granted a Eugene Washington PCORI Engagement Award of $214,084 to a team of University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy researchers to support a project that aids patients’ self-management of diabetes…
OXFORD, Miss. – The School of Pharmacy is delighted to announce that John P. Bentley, professor of pharmacy administration, is the recipient of the 2016 University of Mississippi Faculty Achievement Award.
At the fall faculty meeting on Friday, Aug. 26, Morris Stocks, UM provost and executive vice chancellor, called Bentley one of the university’s finest.
“His pharmacy research helps the world understand the roles that pharmacists play in…
OXFORD, Miss. – The department of pharmacy administration received the 2016 Excellence in Promoting Inclusiveness in Graduate Education Award at the doctoral hooding ceremony in May. The award, which includes $2,000 for the recipient to continue the inclusiveness efforts, was established by the University of Mississippi Graduate School in 2004 to recognize individuals or programs that demonstrate a strong commitment to promoting a diverse and…
OXFORD, Miss. – The University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy honored four of its faculty members for their excellence in and commitment to research, teaching and service at its annual faculty retreat in June.
Dr. Donna West-Strum, professor and chair of Pharmacy Administration, won the Faculty Instructional Innovation Award for her..
- Pharmacy Administration graduate students Kaustuv Bhattacharya and Manasi Suryavanshi were inducted in the Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society April 7, 2016.
- Pharmacy Administration graduate student Sujith Ramachandran received the Graduate Achievement Award in Pharmacy Administration presented at the Honors Day Ceremony on April 7, 2016.
- Pharmacy Administration graduate student Sujith Ramachandran won the Terrence E. Downer Scholarship, September, 2015.
- Pharmacy Administration graduate student Ruchitbhai Shah won the 2015-2016 Outstanding Student Research Paper Award.
- Pharmacy Administration graduate student Sasikiran Nunna won the William E. Farlow Fellowship Endowment for 2015-2016.
- Dr. John Bentley, Professor of Pharmacy Administration was awarded the ISOQOL Outstanding Article of the Year Award on October 18, 2014. His article “Functional status, life-space mobility, and quality of life: a longitudinal mediation analysis” was published in Quality of Life Research in 2013. This award recognizes and honors the single best article dedicated to health-related quality of life (HRQL) research that was published in a peer-reviewed journal.
- Congratulations to Dr. John Bentley, Professor of Pharmacy Administration for receiving the Graduate Teaching and Mentoring Award from the Graduate School. June, 2014.
- Congratulations to Dr. Erin Holmes, Associate Professor of Pharmacy Administration, for being nominated as one of the School of Pharmacy’s new Distinguished Teaching Scholars. May, 2014.
- It gives us great pleasure to announce that our Pharmacy Administration Graduate Student, Krutika Jariwala, has accepted an Epidemiologist position at BCBS in Michigan. Her start date is January 20, 2014. We now have our first epidemiologist graduating from our department. Congratulations Krutika.
- Congratulations to Joe Dikun. Each year the University of Mississippi, along with numerous other colleges and universities, honors those students who have made significant contributions to their campus in the area of scholarship, leadership, and student activites by selecting them to Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges. We are proud that Joe Dikun, Pharmacy Administration Graduate Student was selected for this great honor.
- Congratulations to Krutika Jariwala. She has been awarded a Dissertation Fellowship for the spring 2014 semester.
- Congratulations to Dr. John Bentley. He has been granted a joint appointment within the Department of Marketing, School of Business Administration.
- Congratulations to our new ISPOR student chapter officers for the academic year 2013-2014. Zainab Shahpurwala (Joint President and Treasurer), Ruchit Shah (Vice President), Sasi Kiran Nunna (Secretary).
- Congratulations to Grad Student, James Parrett, for being selected to serve on the Policy and Legislative Advocacy Advisory Group of the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists National Committee.
- Congratulations to Graduate Student, Krutika Jariwala, for receiving the Research Grant Award along with the Farlow Fellowship Award this summer, 2013.
- Congratulations to Dr. Erin Holmes, Assistant Professor, for receiving the Faculty Service Award at the School of Pharmacy Faculty Retreat, June, 2013.
- Congratulations to Manasi Datar, Pharmacy Administration Graduate Student, for receiving the ISPOR Distinguished Service Award at the ISPOR Annual Conference this year in New Orleands, LA., May, 2013.
- Congratulations to Pharmacy Administration Graduate Student, Krutika Jariwala, for receiving a Dissertation Grant from the Organization for Autism Research.
- Joe Dikun, Phad Graduate Student,received the Friend of the Student Award at the 2013 Awards Program.
- Congratulations to Sujith Ramachandran, Phad Graduate Student, for receiving the Teaching Assistant of the Year Award for the PY1 Pharmacy Class at the 2013 Awards Program.
- Retired Professor, Dr. Mickey Smith, Publishes Book on Pharmacy Legend More
- Congratulations to Tina Brock for being recognized as the Alumnus of the Year for Pharmacy Administration, April, 2013.
- Congratulations to Phad Graduate Students, Tristen Jackson, Sujith Ramachandran and Ruchit Shah as 2013 Initiates to Rho Chi Honor Society and Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society.
- Please join us in Congratulating Dr. Erin Holmes as she was appointed to the JAPHA editorial board in February, 2013.
- Pharmacy Administration Graduate Student, Kruitika Jariwala Publishes on Electronic Prescribing in National Journal More
- Congratulations to Alicia Bouldin on her new appointment as the Associate Dean of Outcomes Assessment and Learning Advancement, effective July 1, 2012.
- Congratulations to our Pharmacy Graduate Student Ram Sankar Basak . He received the Best Poster Honorable Mention “Attitudes Toward and Practice of Disposal of Unused Prescription Medications” at the Southern Pharmacy Administration Meeting in Austin, Texas. June 22, 2012. Co-authors, Namita Joshi, Zainab Shahpurwala, Alicia Bouldin, David McCaffrey III, and Donna West-Strum.
- Congratulations to our Pharmacy Admin Graduate Student, Manasi Datar for receiving the Best Podium, “Economic Outcomes Associated with On-Pump Versus Off-Pump Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) in High Risk Elderly Patients” at the Southern Pharmacy Administration Meeting in Austin, Texas. June 22, 2012.
- Congratulations to the UM ISPOR Student Chapter for winning Second Place as an Outstanding Student Chapter at the 2012 ISPOR 17th Annual International Meeting in Washington, D.C. June, 2012.
- Congratulations to the UM ISPOR Student Chapter for winning the ISPOR Student Network T-Shirt Competition Award at the UM 2012 ISPOR Conference in Washington, D.C. June, 2012.
- Congratulations to Phad Graduate Student, Rohan Mahabaleshwarkar for receiving the “Best Student Poster Research Presentation Award” at ISPOR 2012 Conference in Washington, D.C., “National Hospitalization Burden Associated with Spinal Cord Injuries”. This award is very competitive, with only 3 awards presented among all student posters at ISPOR. June, 2012.
- Congratulations to Phad Graduate Student, Rohan Mahabaleshwarkar for receiving the “Poster Finalist” ribbon at the ISPOR 2012 Convention in Washington, D.C. June, 2012.
- Congratulations to Phad Graduate Student, Zainab Shahpurwala for receiving the 2012 APhA-APRS Postgraduate Best Paper Award on Economic, Social & Administrative Sciences. May, 2012.
- Congratulations to Phad Graduate Student, Clive Mendonca for receiving the 2012 DIA Drug Information Journal’s Student Award for excellence in publishing by a student contributor. Clive’s paper is entitled “Effect of Direct-to-Consumer Drug Advertising Exposure on Information Search”. May, 2012.
- Congratulations to Dr. David McCaffrey III as award winner to receive the Certificate of Merit for Outstanding Faculty Advisor from the National Academic Advising Association (NACADA), April, 2012.
- Congratulations to our Pharmacy Administration Graduate Student, Krutika Jariwala, for winning 2nd place in the Social Sciences category at the Graduate Student Council (GSC) Annual Research Day on April 5, 2012.
- Congratulations to Pharmacy Administration Graduate Students, Manasi Datar, Namita Joshi, and Rohan Mahabaleshwarkar, for being inducted into the Rho Chi Honor Society, March, 2012.
- Congratulations to Dr. Alicia Bouldin, for being elected as President-Elect to Phi Lambda Sigma.
- Congratulations to Dr. Erin Holmes and Pharmacy Administration Graduate Student, Manasi Datar, for receiving the APhA – APPM Presentation Merit Award for their community residency poster “Pharmacy Students’ Perceptions of Community Pharmacy Residency Programs (CPRPs) at the 2012 Annual APhA Convention in New Orleans, March, 2012.
- Congratulations to Dr. Rahul Khanna, assistant professor of pharmacy administration and research assistant professor in the Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences for receiving the AACP New Investigator Award, January, 2012. Dr. Khanna is among 18 recipients of the New Investigator Awards announced by the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy. Rahul Khanna will use the award to study the relationship between the health and well-being of caregivers of autistic children and the emotional and physical stress they experience. To read more
- Congratulations to Graduate Student, Sai Dharmarajan for receiving the William E. Farlow Fellows Award, September, 2011
- Congratulations to Graduate Students, Tasneem Lokhandwala and Clive Mendonca for receiving the Student Research Paper of the Year Award, September, 2011
- Congratulations to Drs. McCaffrey, West, Bentley, Pace and Holmes for receiving the NACDS Foundation grant titled “Measuring and Improving Primary Medication Adherence”, September, 2011
- Congratulations to Dr. David McCaffrey for receiving the University of Mississippi 2010-2011 Excellence in Advising Award
- Congratulations to Dr. David McCaffrey for receiving the School of Pharmacy Distinguished Teaching Scholar Award, May, 2011
- Congratulations to Dr. John Bentley for receiving the Friend of the Student Award from the Student Body at the 2011 School of Pharmacy Awards Program, April 15, 2011
- Congratulations to Dr. Erin Holmes for receiving the Teacher of the Year Award from the PY2 Pharmacy class at the 2011 School of Pharmacy Awards Program, April 15, 2011
- Congratulations to Zainab Shahpurwala who has been selected to be included in the 2010-11 Who’s Who class for the University of Mississippi
- Winfield and Rachel Cotton Lecture – February 15, 2011 – 1:30 pm – TCRC 1000 – Dr. Kenneth Kaitin, Director and Research Professor, Tufts University, will present :Pharmaceutical Innovation at a Crossroads: Economic and Political Perspectives on the Drug Development Process” Learn more
- Garners Establish Endowment in January, 2011 Read more
- Dr. Rahul Khanna has been included as an Associate Member of the UMMC Cancer Institute in December, 2010
- Dr. Yi Yang and Dr. Donna West-Strum published “Understanding Pharmacoepidemiology” December, 2010
- Coy Waller Lecture – October 29, 2010 -11:00 AM- Gertrude Ford Center – Dr. Marv Shepherd will present “The Worldwide Landscape of Counterfeit Drugs”
- Dr. David McCaffrey was presented the UM-SOP Service Award at the Faculty Retreat on August 5, 2010
- Drs. David McCaffrey and Noel Wilkin were promoted to Professor-Department of Pharmacy Administration, July 2010
- Kyle Null was recognized as an AACP Wal-Mart Scholar, with Dr. Alicia Bouldin serving as Faculty Advisor, at the AACP Annual Meeting in Seattle, WA, July 2010
- Dr. Alicia Bouldin was invited to be a member of the American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education editorial board, July 2010
- Kyle Null and Phil Schwab, graduate students in the Department, receive Podium Presentation Awards at the Southern Pharmacy Administration Conference in Memphis, TN, June 2010
- Drs. Donna West-Strum and John Bentley were part of the Science of Safety research team that was awarded the FDA Leveraging/ Collaboration Award , June 2010
- Congrats to Dr. David McCaffrey for being selected the UM 2009-2010 Pharmaceutical Sciences Teacher of the Year, May 2010
- Tushar Padwal, a M.S. graduate student, begins a summer internship in the Qualitative Services and Statistics Division at BioVid Corporation in Princeton, NJ , May 2010
- Clive Mendonca, a PhD graduate student, begins a summer internship in the marketing and commercialization department at ToleRx Inc. in Cambridge, MA, May 2010
- Dr. David McCaffrey received the Friend of the Student award at the School of Pharmacy Awards Day, April 2010
- Kyle Null, a Ph.D. student, was named PY1 Teaching Assistant of the Year, April 2010
- Phil Schwab, Ph.D. candidate, received honorable mention for his poster presentation at the American Pharmacists Association Annual Meeting in Washington, D.C., March 2010
- Su Bunniran, a doctoral candidate, received the Department’s Graduate Student Paper of the Year Award, August 2009
- Kyle Null was awarded the William E. Farlow Fellowship by the Department Faculty, July 2009
- Dr. Dewey Garner received the Hall of Fame award from the Mississippi Pharmacists Association, June 2009
- Su Bunniran was awarded the Graduate Achievement Award from The University of Mississippi, April 2009
- Clive Mendonca, graduate student, was awarded the Teaching Assistant of the Year award by the P-3 pharmacy class at the School of Pharmacy Awards assembly, April 2009
- Dr. John Bentley received recognition as an APRS-APhA Fellow at the APhA annual meeting in San Antonio, TX, March 2009
- Dr. Dewey Garner received the A. Richard Bliss Grand Council Citation of Appreciation from Kappa Psi at the APhA annual meeting, March 2009
- Dr. Ben Banahan is named Director of the Center for Pharmaceutical Marketing and Management (CPMM).
- Drs. John Bentley and Alicia Bouldin were named Thelma H. Cerniglia Distinguished Teaching Scholars by the School of Pharmacy, 2008
- Medical Marketing Economics LLC, a consulting group based in Oxford, has committed $350,000 to support The University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy. Part of this gift will be used to create and endow the MME Fellowship in Pharmacy Administration, 2008
- Dr. Noel Wilkin, who previously held the position of Chair of the Pharmacy Administration department and Director of the Center for Pharmaceutical Marketing and Management in The University of Mississippi School Of Pharmacy, has been appointed as the University’s Associate Provost, January 2008