The graduate program in Pharmacy Administration affords excellent career opportunities in a variety of settings and has maintained an exceptional track record in placing graduates. Graduates of the program have obtained positions in academia, the pharmaceutical industry, managed care organizations, professional associations, consulting and marketing research firms, government agencies, hospitals, and health care journal publication agencies.
In academia, the program has produced several chairs of pharmacy administration departments and deans of pharmacy schools nationwide. In the pharmaceutical industry, many alumni have quickly risen to senior management positions in marketing, health/pharmaceutical economics and pharmacy affairs. Other graduates of the program have secured key positions in the federal and state governments and professional associations in pharmacy.
Below are examples of positions of recent graduates:
Graduate Placement Data
|Grad Year||Degree||Graduate Name||Employment after Graduation|
|2007||Ph.D.||William Lobb||Medical Marketing Economics, Oxford, MS|
|2007||Ph.D.||Amit Patel||Medical Marketing Economics, Oxford, MS|
|2007||Ph.D.||Manasi Amit Shah Patel||Medical Marketing Economics, Oxford, MS|
|2008||Ph.D.||Erin Holmes||University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS|
|2008||Ph.D.||Sean King||Union University, Jackson, TN|
|2009||M.S.||Philip Schwab||Stayed at UM to pursue Ph.D.|
|2010||M.S.||Amod Athavale||Stayed at UM to pursue Ph.D.|
|2010||M.S.||Ram Sankar Basak||Stayed at UM to pursue Ph.D.|
|2010||M.S.||Krutika Jariwala||Stayed at UM to pursue Ph.D.|
|2010||M.S.||Clive Mendonca||Stayed at UM to pursue Ph.D.|
|2010||M.S.||Kyle Null||Stayed at UM to pursue Ph.D.|
|2010||M.S.||Vennela Thumula||Stayed at UM to pursue Ph.D.|
|2010||M.S.||Leonardo Torres||Walmart, Northern MS|
|2010||Ph.D.||Suvapun Bunniran||Trinity Partners, Waltham, MA|
|2011||M.S.||Sai Dharmarajan||Acumen, Burlingame, CA|
|2011||M.S.||Namita Joshi||Stayed at UM to pursue Ph.D.|
|2011||M.S.||Tasneem Lokhandwala||Stayed at UM to pursue Ph.D.|
|2011||M.S.||Hafiz Oko-Osi||United Biosource Corporation|
|2011||M.S.||Tushar Padwal||Medical Marketing Economics, Oxford, MS|
|2011||M.S.||Zainab Shahpurwala||Stayed at UM to pursue Ph.D.|
|2011||M.S.||Sumit Verma||Acumen, Burlingame, CA|
|2011||Ph.D.||Leigh Ann Bynum||Belmont University, Nashville, TN|
|2012||Ph.D.||Marie Barnard||University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS|
|2012||Ph.D.||Kyle Null||University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS|
|2012||Ph.D.||Doug Paul||Medical Marketing Economics, Oxford, MS|
|2012||Ph.D.||Vennela Thumula||Workers’ Compensation Research Institute (WCRI) Cambridge, MA|
|2013||M.S.||Ruchitbhai Shah||Stayed at UM to pursue Ph.D.|
|2013||Ph.D.||Ram Sankar Basak||University of North Carolina, NC|
|2013||Ph.D.||Tasneem Lokhandwala||Xcenda, Palm Harbor, FL|
|2014||M.S.||James Parrett||Walgreens, MS|
|2014||Ph.D.||Rohan Mahabaleshwarkar||Carolinas Healthcare System, Charlotte, NC|
|2014||Ph.D.||Philip Schwab||Humana, Louisville, KY|
|2015||M.S.||Tristen Jackson||Stayed at UM to pursue Ph.D.|
|2015||M.S.||Sujith Ramachandran||Stayed at UM to pursue Ph.D.|
|2015||M.S.||Divya Verma||IMS Health, Plymouth Meeting, PA|
|2015||Ph.D.||Amod Athavale||Trinity Partners, Waltham, MA|
|2015||Ph.D.||Manasi Datar||IMS Health, Bentonville, AR|
|2015||Ph.D.||Krutika Jariwala||BCBS, Michigan|
|2015||Ph.D.||Namita Joshi||Pharmerit International, Bethesda, MD|
|2015||Ph.D.||Clive Mendonca||Trinity Partners, Waltham, MA|
|2015||Ph.D.||Zainab Shahpurwala||Trinity Partners, Waltham, MA|
|2016||M.S.||Kaustuv Bhattacharya||Stayed at UM to pursue Ph.D.|
|2016||M.S.||Nicholas Keeling||Stayed at UM to pursue Ph.D.|
|2016||M.S.||Sasikiran Nunna||Stayed at UM to pursue Ph.D.|
|2016||Ph.D.||Ruchitbhai Shah||Pharmerit International, Bethesda, MD|
|2017||M.S.||Ashley Crumby||Stayed at UM to pursue Ph.D.|
|2017||M.S.||Noori Wahidullah||Sanofi Genzyme, Cambridge, MA|
|2017||Ph.D.||Sujith Ramachandran||University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS|
|2018||M.S.||Chukwuebuka Dibie||Stayed at UM to pursue Ph.D.|
|2018||M.S.||Yiqiao Zhang||Stayed at UM to pursue Ph.D.|
|2018||Ph.D.||David Wamble||RTI Health Solutions, Durham, NC|
|2019||M.S.||David Allen III||Stayed at UM to pursue Ph.D.|
|2019||M.S.||Siddhi Korgaonkar||Stayed at UM to pursue Ph.D.|
|2019||Ph.D.||Ashley Crumby||University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS|
|2019||Ph.D.||Nilesh Gangan||HealthCore, Inc., Wilmington, DE|
|2019||Ph.D.||Tristen Jackson||Medical Marketing Economics, Oxford, MS|
|2019||Ph.D.||Nicholas Keeling||EY-Parthenon, Boston, MA|
|2019||Ph.D.||Sasikiran Nunna||IQVIA – Collegeville, PA|
|2020||Ph.D.||Kaustuv Bhattacharya||University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS|
|2020||M.S.||Ian Freeman||Walgreens, Chicago, IL|
|2020||Ph.D.||Manasi Suryavanshi||Bristol Myers Squibb, Princeton, NJ|
- Swarnali Goswami is working at Merck in Kenilworth, NJ as part of their Value Evidence Sub-Teams (VEST). During this internship, she will work on projects on Real World Evidence, Patient Reported Outcomes and Londitudinal Data Analysis. Through this internship she will gain a better understanding of how health economics and outcomes studies contribute to the product life cycle.
- Yiran Rong is working within the Real-World Evidence team at Xcenda LLC. in Palm Harbor, FL. As a part of this internship, she is excited to be working on a project which tests the impact of an intervention on a chronic condition by linking retrospective and prospective datasets. This intern is helping her gain experience in analyzing healthcare resource utilization and cost across various databases.
- Monika Salkar is working at AbbVie, Chicago, IL as a summer HEOR intern. This internship will help her further develop her skills in the field of health economics and outcomes research and concurrently help her gain experience in working in the pharmaceutical industry. Her projects specifically focus on real-world evidence and patient-reported outcomes. The projects assigned to Monika are related to her research interests and dissertation research, so it will enable her to learn about the pharmaceutical business implications in light of her dissertation research.
- Yiqiao Zhang is working at EMD Serono in Boston, MA within the Global Evidence & Value Development. Her research in this internship focuses on real-world evidence studies on cervical cancer. Through this internship, she has gained insights into the pharmaceutical industry and gained more experience in the HEOR.
- Austin Arnold is working at Medical Marketing Economics in Oxford, Mississippi, gaining experience in conducting market research for companies expecting to launch new products. During his time at MME, he has gained valuable knowledge in the pharmaceutical industry on assessing market value and pricing for new products.
- Tyler Dunn is working at Express Scripts in St. Louis, Missouri, within the Health Services Research Department. As a part of his internship, his research projects have focused on the impact of prescription opioid use on health service utilization and health care costs in inflammatory condition patients. Through this internship, he has gained real world experience in the functions of a large pharmacy benefit manager.
- Siddhi Korgaonkar is working on different rare diseases at Vertex Pharmaceuticals in Boston for its Global Real World Evidence Center of Excellence. As a part of this internship, her research projects focus on characterization of the patient population and studying the natural history of rare diseases. This internship is helping her understand how pharmaceutical companies design their strategy for treatments in the rare disease area differently from more prevalent diseases.
- Ian Freeman is working at Amgen in Thousand Oaks, California, gaining experience in health economics and outcomes research.
- Monika Salkar is working at Glaxo Smith Kline in Collegeville, Pennsylvania, in the Value Evidence Outcomes (VEO) department. She will have projects that involve developing retrospective study designs and analyzing the company database.
- Chuk Dibie is working at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in Deerfield, Illinois, as he engages in relevant industry projects to gain hands-on skills. As he learns more about the ever-changing pharmaceutical and healthcare industry, Chuk looks to develop a professional network of mentors that encourage growth and continual development in the HEOR sphere.
- Kaustuv Bhattacharya, is working at Pharmerit International in Bethesda, Maryland, as this internship will help further develop his skills in the field of health economics and outcomes research, specifically real-world evidence and patient-reported outcomes. The projects assigned to Kaustuv are closely related to his dissertation research, so it will help familiarize him with some methodologies he plans to explore.
- Siddhi Korgaonkar, is working at Alkermes Inc. in Waltham, Massachusetts, serving as an HEOR summer intern. This will provide her with exposure to working in the pharmaceutical industry. Siddhi will gain hands-on experience, practical learning and networking with professionals that will broaden her career prospects and help her grow as a researcher.
- Sushmitha Inguva, is working at AbbVie in North Chicago, Illinois, as she is excited to strengthen her knowledge in patient-reported outcomes (PRO) and their application to the Parkinson’s disease area.
- Nilesh Gangan, M.S. graduate student, is working June-August 2016 at AbbVie in Mettawa, IL.
- Manasi Suryavanshi, M.S. graduate student, is working June-August 2016 as a Science Intern at Abbvie in Chicago, IL.
- Kaustuv Bhattacharya, B.S. graduate student, is working June-August 2016 at Bristol-Myers Squibb in Plainsboro, NJ.
- Sasi Nunna, graduate student, is working June-December 2016 at AbbVie in Chicago, IL.
- Nilesh Gangan, M.S. graduate student, is working June-August, 2015 at EPI-Q in Oak Brook IL
- Sasikiran Nunna, M.S. graduate student is working as an Intern at Applied Data Analytics, June-August, 2015, Xcenda Tampa, FL
- Ruchitbhai Shah, M.S. graduate student is working at Pharmerit North America LLC, June-August, 2015, Bethesda, MD
- Manasi Suryavanshi, M.S. graduate student is working as a Science Intern at Abbvie, June-August, 2015, Chicago, IL
- Tristen Jackson, M.S. graduate student, is working May-August, 2013, in Senator Cochran’s office in Washington, D.C.
- Sujith Ramachandran, M.S. graduate student, is working June-August, 2013 at Bavarian Nordic in Mountainview, CA
- Ruchitbhai Shah, M.S. graduate student, is working May-August, 2013, at Biogen IDEC in Boston, MA
- Namita Joshi, M.S. graduate student, is working as a Health Economics Intern at Health Economics and Outcomes Research, Global Market Access, Biogen Idec, in the Massachusetts-Weston Facility.
- Zainab Shahpurwala, M.S. graduate student, is working as a Graduate Intern at Amgen in the Global Health Economics Department in Thousand Oaks, California.
- Amod S. Athavale, Ph.D. graduate student, completed a summer internship at BioVid Corporation in Princeton, NJ. He worked there as a Project Associate.
- Clive Mendonca, a Ph.D. graduate student, completed a summer internship in the marketing and commercialization department at ToleRx Inc. in Cambridge, Mass.
- Krutika Jariwala and Leigh Ann Bynum, Ph.D. graduate students, completed part-time summer internships at CE Outcomes in Birmingham, AL.
- Namita Joshi and Zainab Shahpurwala, M.S. graduate students, completed summer internships at Tufts Center for the Study of Drug Development in Boston, MA.
- Tasneem Lokhandwala, Ph.D. graduate student, completed a summer internship in the Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) department at XcendaAmerisourceBergen Consulting Services in Palm Harbor, FL.
- Tushar Padwal, M.S. graduate student, completed a summer internship in the Qualitative Services and Statistics Division at BioVid Corporation in princeton, N.J.