- This event has passed.
Glycobiology 2023: Transformative Advances in the Biological Functions of Glycans
November 5 - November 9
The 2023 Meeting of the Society for Glycobiology will bring together leading glycobiologists from around the world to discuss fundamental mechanisms by which glycans and glycan-binding proteins regulate cell and organismal physiology and pathophysiology. The scientific program will include an exciting series of plenary lectures, short talks, and poster presentations from invited speakers and participants who are conducting cutting edge research in the glycosciences.
You can expect to learn about the latest glycobiology research through the following meeting sessions:
- Glycobiology of Cancer
- Glycans in Infection and Immunity
- Glycans in Cell Biology
- Glycans in Development and Homeostasis
- Glycotechnology and Applied Glycobiology
- Glycobiology Down Under, Guest Session sponsored by the Australian Glycoscience Society
- Glyco-Stream from Zipangu, Guest session sponsored by the Japanese Society of Carbohydrate Research
In addition to the formal meeting sessions, there will be a Trainee Mentoring Program and two Satellite scientific sessions offered on the opening day of the meeting. The two Satellite sessions are:
- Satellite I : Glyco in Biotechnology
- Satellite II: NCFG – Tools in Glycoscience
The central focus of the meeting on the functional role of glycans will integrate a diversity of research areas and stimulate lively discussions and innovative ideas. We hope you can join us!