Early Entry Curriculum
AP and Dual Enrollment credit(s) will be accepted for any course(s), taken prior to the EE1 fall semester, excluding science courses. For permission to transfer credit, please follow posted instructions to complete the Transfer Credit Request form here.
For information on advanced placement (AP) credit, please visit this link.
Excluding the elective core curriculum, all other coursework must be taken at the University.
|FIRST YEAR EARLY ENTRY|
|WRIT 100 or 101/HON 101||WRIT 102 or LIBA 102/HON 102|
|CHEM 105, CHEM LAB 115 (Chemistry)||CHEM 106, CHEM LAB 116 (Chemistry)|
|BISC 160, BISC LAB 161 (Biology)||BISC 162, BISC LAB 163 (Biology)|
|MATH 115 (Statistics)||MATH 261 (Calculus)|
|SECOND YEAR EARLY ENTRY|
|CHEM 221, CHEM LAB 225 (Organic Chemistry)||CHEM 222, CHEM LAB 226 (Organic Chemistry)|
|PHYS 213, PHYS LAB 223 (Physics)||BISC 336 (Genetics)|
|ECON 202 (Microeconomics)||SPCH 105 (Speech)|
|THIRD YEAR EARLY ENTRY|
|PHCL 395 (Pharmacy Ethics) or PHIL 328 (Bioethics)||BISC 310 (Human Anatomy)|
|PHCG 321 (Med Micro) or BISC 333 (General Microbiology)||PHCL 344 (Human Physiology) or BISC 330 (Physiology)|
|PHCL 343 (Biochemistry) or CHEM 471 and 473 (Biochemistry I & II)||*can take BISC 206 and 207 (Anatomy & Physiology I & II) in lieu of BISC 310 and PCHL 344|
*The 18 hours of nonprofessional electives must include six (6) hours of social or behavioral sciences, six hours of humanities and six hours of fine arts as defined by the University of Mississippi. Performance course credits are not acceptable. Correspondence courses are accepted as elective credit (humanities, fine arts, social science, behavioral science, etc.). Although quality grades for nonprofessional elective courses and any other electives are recorded, they are NOT included in the computation of the grade-point average (GPA) utilized in admissions, progression or school scholarship decisions.
To maintain status in the Early-Entry Program, a student must:
- Maintain continuous university enrollment (excluding summer terms) and enroll in a minimum of 14 hours per semester
- Take all “non-elective” courses at the Oxford campus. Electives may be taken during a summer session, winter-intersession or at another institution. A student must complete requirements for the B.S.P.S. degree by the end of his or her fourth year of college.
- Achieve at least a 3.00 cumulative GPA on “non-elective” courses by the end of EE1 spring, and maintain a 3.00 cumulative GPA on all “non-elective” courses attempted by the end of the EE2 and EE3 years.
- Early Entry students who have less than a 3.00 cumulative GPA on required, non-elective courses, but above/at a 2.75 have the opportunity to take part in the “Early Entry Academic Achievement Program” the next school year, giving such students an additional year on “probation” to achieve the cumulative 3.00 as mentioned above.
- Receive no semester grades below C in any courses.
- Complete the required PharmCAS application for final admission to the professional program prior to the March 1 deadline of the junior year.
Often, students unable to complete the Early Entry Program transfer to pre-pharmacy student status and gain admission to the professional degree program through regular-entry admission.