- Ph.D. University of Kentucky
- B.S.Ph. University of Kentucky
- Dean of the School of Pharmacy
- Executive Director of the Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Professor of BioMolecular Sciences
- Research Professor in the Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Allen’s research interests are in the area of brain drug delivery, blood-brain barrier function and nutrient transport as well as cellular uptake kinetics. In addition he has investigated academic administration, predictors of success in pharmacy education, interprofessional education and assessment.