- B.S. Biological Sciences, University Complutense of Madrid 1994
- Ph.D. Neuroscience, University Complutense of Madrid 2000
- Associate Professor of Health, Exercise Science, and Recreation Management
- Adjunct Associate Professor of BioMolecular Sciences
- Scientist-Educator of Neurobiology and Anatomical Sciences, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS
Alberto J Del Arco, PhD, is a Behavioral Neuroscience specialist. Dr. Del Arco received his Ph.D. in Neuroscience from the University Complutense of Madrid, Spain, working on brain neurochemistry and behavior. Most recently he worked as a visiting scholar in the Department of Neuroscience, University of Pittsburgh, where he gained experience recording neuronal activity in the brain of behaving rats. His research focuses on the neurophysiology of stress and psychiatric disorders in animal models.