- Ph.D. Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, India
- M.Ed. Annamalai University, India
- M.Sc. Presidency College, India
- B.Sc. University of Madras, India
- Senior Research Scientist in the National Center for Natural Products Research
Dr. Raman’s research interests include identification of medicinal plants and authentication of botanical specimens by plant morphology, anatomy and microscopy. He develops and maintains the repository of botanicals at NCNPR. He manages microscopy labs and takes care of scheduling, user training and maintenance of the scanning electron microscope at the School of Pharmacy. Dr. Raman serves as a resource person in the GMP training for the FDA inspectors and provides hands-on training on plant identification and detection of adulteration in dietary supplements by macroscopy and microscopy.