Summer College Pre-Pharmacy Program
The Summer College Pre-Pharmacy Program is a four-week program running June 27-July 27 for high school students interested in pharmacy who want to experience university life and begin earning college credits at the University of Mississippi.
- Earn college credit.
- Live on campus with other participants and explore the campus and Oxford.
- Participate in exciting hands-on projects and pharmacy site visits.
- Learn more about the School of Pharmacy’s Early Entry program.
- Create meaningful and lasting friendships.
- Deadline to apply: June 1
- Deadline for international students: May 10
- Move-in: June 27
- Move-in for international students: June 26
- Classes begin: June 28
- Final exams: July 26-27
- Move-out: July 27
Programs and Classes
- Requirements: Minimum 3.5 GPA and 24 composite ACT (or SAT equivalent)
- CHEM101: I Chemistry Concepts. Introduction to the basic concepts and mathematical tools needed to study and understand basic chemistry.
- MATH115: Elementary Statistics. Descriptive statistics; probability distributions; sampling distributions; estimation; hypothesis testing; and linear regression.
- Students will be exposed to different areas of pharmacy with site trips and a pharmacy project. Attendees will participate in a compounding activity, Pharmacy Ethics overview and Pharmacy Calculation activity. Students will visit the school’s medicinal plant garden, as well as a nuclear pharmacy, institutional pharmacy and community pharmacy.
To apply or for more information, visit outreach.olemiss.edu/schs. For questions, email admissions counselor Lindsey Cooper at firstname.lastname@example.org.