Advantages of the Pre-Pharmacy Program
- Pre-pharmacy students are advised by School of Pharmacy faculty and staff who are well versed in the application and admission process for the professional program.
- Pre-pharmacy students are considered members of the School of Pharmacy Student Body and can participate in Student Body and School of Pharmacy organizational opportunities and activities, e.g. Pre-Pharmacy Club, Pharmacy Fiesta, Pharmacy Formal, Pharmacy Olympics and service projects.
- Pre-pharmacy students have a smooth transition into the professional degree program as compared to non-UM pre-pharmacy students.
- The UM School of Pharmacy is committed to having all required pre-pharmacy courses available to Ole Miss pre-pharmacy students. Very few institutions of higher learning in Mississippi offer on a regular basis, all required pre-pharmacy courses.
- Pre-pharmacy students who complete the required courses (since high school) at UM are provided a bonus – UM FACTOR – of 0.4 added to the GPA utilized in the selection process for admission into the professional degree program.
- Pre-pharmacy students are provided with free tutoring, time management and study skills, interview skills and an EDHE 105 Freshman Year Experience course specifically for pre-pharmacy students.