The graduate program in Pharmacy Administration affords excellent career opportunities in a variety of settings and has maintained an exceptional track record in placing graduates. Graduates of the program have obtained positions in academia, the pharmaceutical industry, managed care organizations, professional associations, consulting and marketing research firms, government agencies, hospitals, and health care journal publication agencies. In academia, the program has produced several chairs of Pharmacy Administration Departments and deans of pharmacy schools nationwide. In the pharmaceutical industry, many alumni have quickly risen to senior management positions in marketing, health/pharmaceutical economics, and pharmacy affairs. Other graduates of the program have secured key positions in the federal and state governments and professional associations in pharmacy. Below are examples of positions of recent graduates:
Graduate Placement Data
|Grad Year||Degree||Graduate Name||Employment after Graduation|
|2007||PhD||William Lobb||Medical Marketing Economics, Oxford, MS|
|2007||PhD||Manasi Amit Shah Patel||Medical Marketing Economics, Oxford, MS|
|2007||PhD||Amit Patel||Medical Marketing Economics, Oxford, MS|
|2008||PhD||Sean King||Union University, Jackson, TN|
|2008||PhD||Erin Holmes||University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS|
|2010||PhD||Suvapun Bunniran||Trinity Partners, Waltham, MA|
|2011||PhD||LeighAnn Bynum||Belmont University, Nashville, TN|
|2011||MS||Sai Dharmarajan||Acumen, Burlingame, CA|
|2011||MS||Hafiz Oko-Osi||United Biosource Corporation|
|2011||MS||Tushar Padwal||Medical Marketing Economics, Oxford, MS|
|2011||MS||Sumit Verma||Acumen, Burlingame, CA|
|2012||PhD||Kyle Null||University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS|
|2012||PhD||Vennela Thumula||Workers’ Compensation Research Institute (WCRI) Cambridge, MA|
|2012||PhD||Doug Paul||Medical Marketing Economics, Oxford, MS|
|2013||PhD||Rohan Mahabaleshwarkar||Carolinas Healthcare System, Charlotte, North Carolina|
|2013||PhD||Ramsankur Basak||University of North Carolina, NC|
|2013||PhD||Tasneem Lokhandwala||Xcenda, Florida|
|2014||PhD||Philip Schwab||Humana, Louisville, KY|
|2014||PhD||Amod Athavale||Trinity Partners, Waltham, MA|
|2014||PhD||Manasi Datar||IMS Health, Bentonville, AR|
|2014||PhD||Krutika Jariwala||BCBS, Michigan|
|2015||PhD||Namita Joshi||Pharmerit International, Bethesda, MD|
|2015||PhD||Zainab Shahpurwala||Trinity Partners, Waltham, MA|
|2015||PhD||Divya Verma||IMS Health, Plymouth Meeting, PA|
- Ian Freeman is working at Amgen in Thousand Oaks, California, gaining experience in health economics and outcomes research.
- Monika Salkar is working at Glaxo Smith Kline in Collegeville, Pennsylvania, in the Value Evidence Outcomes (VEO) department. She will have projects that involve developing retrospective study designs and analyzing the company database.
- Chuk Dibie is working at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in Deerfield, Illinois, as he engages in relevant industry projects to gain hands-on skills. As he learns more about the ever-changing pharmaceutical and healthcare industry, Chuk looks to develop a professional network of mentors that encourage growth and continual development in the HEOR sphere.
- Kaustuv Bhattacharya, is working at Pharmerit International in Bethesda, Maryland, as this internship will help further develop his skills in the field of health economics and outcomes research, specifically real-world evidence and patient-reported outcomes. The projects assigned to Kaustuv are closely related to his dissertation research, so it will help familiarize him with some methodologies he plans to explore.
- Siddhi Korgaonkar, is working at Alkermes Inc. in Waltham, Massachusetts, serving as an HEOR summer intern. This will provide her with exposure to working in the pharmaceutical industry. Siddhi will gain hands-on experience, practical learning and networking with professionals that will broaden her career prospects and help her grow as a researcher.
- Sushmitha Inguva, is working at AbbVie in North Chicago, Illinois, as she is excited to strengthen her knowledge in patient-reported outcomes (PRO) and their application to the Parkinson’s disease area.
- Nilesh Gangan, M.S. graduate student, is working June-August 2016 at AbbVie in Mettawa, IL.
- Manasi Suryavanshi, M.S. graduate student, is working June-August 2016 as a Science Intern at Abbvie in Chicago, IL.
- Kaustuv Bhattacharya, B.S. graduate student, is working June-August 2016 at Bristol-Myers Squibb in Plainsboro, NJ.
- Sasi Nunna, graduate student, is working June-December 2016 at AbbVie in Chicago, IL.
- Nilesh Gangan, M.S. graduate student, is working June-August, 2015 at EPI-Q in Oak Brook IL
- Sasikiran Nunna, M.S. graduate student is working as an Intern at Applied Data Analytics, June-August, 2015, Xcenda Tampa, FL
- Ruchitbhai Shah, M.S. graduate student is working at Pharmerit North America LLC, June-August, 2015, Bethesda, MD
- Manasi Suryavanshi, M.S. graduate student is working as a Science Intern at Abbvie, June-August, 2015, Chicago, IL
- Tristen Jackson, M.S. graduate student, is working May-August, 2013, in Senator Cochran’s office in Washington, D.C.
- Sujith Ramachandran, M.S. graduate student, is working June-August, 2013 at Bavarian Nordic in Mountainview, CA
- Ruchit Shah, M.S. graduate student, is working May-August, 2013, at Biogen IDEC in Boston, MA
- Namita Joshi, M.S. graduate student, is working as a Health Economics Intern at Health Economics and Outcomes Research, Global Market Access, Biogen Idec, in the Massachusetts-Weston Facility.
- Zainab Shahpurwala, M.S. graduate student, is working as a Graduate Intern at Amgen in the Global Health Economics Department in Thousand Oaks, California.
- Amod S. Athavale, Ph.D. graduate student, completed a summer internship at BioVid Corporation in Princeton, NJ. He worked there as a Project Associate.
- Clive Mendonca, a Ph.D. graduate student, completed a summer internship in the marketing and commercialization department at ToleRx Inc. in Cambridge, Mass.
- Krutika Jariwala and Leigh Ann Bynum, Ph.D. graduate students, completed part-time summer internships at CE Outcomes in Birmingham, AL.
- Namita Joshi and Zainab Shahpurwala, M.S. graduate students, completed summer internships at Tufts Center for the Study of Drug Development in Boston, MA.
- Tasneem Lokhandwala, Ph.D. graduate student, completed a summer internship in the Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) department at XcendaAmerisourceBergen Consulting Services in Palm Harbor, FL.
- Tushar Padwal, M.S. graduate student, completed a summer internship in the Qualitative Services and Statistics Division at BioVid Corporation in princeton, N.J.