- Congratulations to Graduate Students, Kaustuv Bhattacharya and Manasi Suryavanshi for being inducted in the Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society April 7, 2016.
- Congratulations to Graduate Student, Sujith Ramachandran for receiving the Graduate Achievement Award in Pharmacy Administration presented at the Honors Day Ceremony on April 7, 2016.
- The Terrence E. Downer Scholarship was awarded to Pharmacy Administration Graduate Student, Sujith Ramachandran, September, 2015.
- The 2015-2016 Outstanding Student Research Paper Award has been awarded to Graduate Student, Ruchitbhai Shah.
- The William E. Farlow Fellowship Endowment for 2015-2016 was awarded to Graduate Student, Sasikiran Nunna.
- Dr. John Bentley, Professor of Pharmacy Administration was awarded the ISOQOL Outstanding Article of the Year Award on October 18, 2014. His article “Functional status, life-space mobility, and quality of life: a longitudinal mediation analysis” was published in Quality of Life Research in 2013. This award recognizes and honors the single best article dedicated to health-related quality of life (HRQL) research that was published in a peer-reviewed journal.
- Congratulations to Dr. John Bentley, Professor of Pharmacy Administration for receiving the Graduate Teaching and Mentoring Award from the Graduate School. June, 2014.
- Congratulations to Dr. Erin Holmes, Associate Professor of Pharmacy Administration, for being nominated as one of the School of Pharmacy’s new Distinguished Teaching Scholars. May, 2014.
- It gives us great pleasure to announce that our Pharmacy Administration Graduate Student, Krutika Jariwala, has accepted an Epidemiologist position at BCBS in Michigan. Her start date is January 20, 2014. We now have our first epidemiologist graduating from our department. Congratulations Krutika.
- Congratulations to Joe Dikun. Each year the University of Mississippi, along with numerous other colleges and universities, honors those students who have made significant contributions to their campus in the area of scholarship, leadership, and student activites by selecting them to Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges. We are proud that Joe Dikun, Pharmacy Administration Graduate Student was selected for this great honor.
- Congratulations to Krutika Jariwala. She has been awarded a Dissertation Fellowship for the spring 2014 semester.
- Congratulations to Dr. John Bentley. He has been granted a joint appointment within the Department of Marketing, School of Business Administration.
- Congratulations to our new ISPOR student chapter officers for the academic year 2013-2014. Zainab Shahpurwala (Joint President and Treasurer), Ruchit Shah (Vice President), Sasi Kiran Nunna (Secretary).
- Congratulations to Grad Student, James Parrett, for being selected to serve on the Policy and Legislative Advocacy Advisory Group of the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists National Committee.
- Congratulations to Graduate Student, Krutika Jariwala, for receiving the Research Grant Award along with the Farlow Fellowship Award this summer, 2013.
- Congratulations to Dr. Erin Holmes, Assistant Professor, for receiving the Faculty Service Award at the School of Pharmacy Faculty Retreat, June, 2013.
- Congratulations to Manasi Datar, Pharmacy Administration Graduate Student, for receiving the ISPOR Distinguished Service Award at the ISPOR Annual Conference this year in New Orleands, LA., May, 2013.
- Congratulations to Pharmacy Administration Graduate Student, Krutika Jariwala, for receiving a Dissertation Grant from the Organization for Autism Research.
- Joe Dikun, Phad Graduate Student,received the Friend of the Student Award at the 2013 Awards Program.
- Congratulations to Sujith Ramachandran, Phad Graduate Student, for receiving the Teaching Assistant of the Year Award for the PY1 Pharmacy Class at the 2013 Awards Program.
- Retired Professor, Dr. Mickey Smith, Publishes Book on Pharmacy Legend More
- Congratulations to Tina Brock for being recognized as the Alumnus of the Year for Pharmacy Administration, April, 2013.
- Congratulations to Phad Graduate Students, Tristen Jackson, Sujith Ramachandran and Ruchit Shah as 2013 Initiates to Rho Chi Honor Society and Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society.
- Please join us in Congratulating Dr. Erin Holmes as she was appointed to the JAPHA editorial board in February, 2013.
- Pharmacy Administration Graduate Student, Kruitika Jariwala Publishes on Electronic Prescribing in National Journal More
- Congratulations to Alicia Bouldin on her new appointment as the Associate Dean of Outcomes Assessment and Learning Advancement, effective July 1, 2012.
- Congratulations to our Pharmacy Graduate Student Ram Sankar Basak . He received the Best Poster Honorable Mention “Attitudes Toward and Practice of Disposal of Unused Prescription Medications” at the Southern Pharmacy Administration Meeting in Austin, Texas. June 22, 2012. Co-authors, Namita Joshi, Zainab Shahpurwala, Alicia Bouldin, David McCaffrey III, and Donna West-Strum.
- Congratulations to our Pharmacy Admin Graduate Student, Manasi Datar for receiving the Best Podium, “Economic Outcomes Associated with On-Pump Versus Off-Pump Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) in High Risk Elderly Patients” at the Southern Pharmacy Administration Meeting in Austin, Texas. June 22, 2012.
- Congratulations to the UM ISPOR Student Chapter for winning Second Place as an Outstanding Student Chapter at the 2012 ISPOR 17th Annual International Meeting in Washington, D.C. June, 2012.
- Congratulations to the UM ISPOR Student Chapter for winning the ISPOR Student Network T-Shirt Competition Award at the UM 2012 ISPOR Conference in Washington, D.C. June, 2012.
- Congratulations to Phad Graduate Student, Rohan Mahabaleshwarkar for receiving the “Best Student Poster Research Presentation Award” at ISPOR 2012 Conference in Washington, D.C., “National Hospitalization Burden Associated with Spinal Cord Injuries”. This award is very competitive, with only 3 awards presented among all student posters at ISPOR. June, 2012.
- Congratulations to Phad Graduate Student, Rohan Mahabaleshwarkar for receiving the “Poster Finalist” ribbon at the ISPOR 2012 Convention in Washington, D.C. June, 2012.
- Congratulations to Phad Graduate Student, Zainab Shahpurwala for receiving the 2012 APhA-APRS Postgraduate Best Paper Award on Economic, Social & Administrative Sciences. May, 2012.
- Congratulations to Phad Graduate Student, Clive Mendonca for receiving the 2012 DIA Drug Information Journal’s Student Award for excellence in publishing by a student contributor. Clive’s paper is entitled “Effect of Direct-to-Consumer Drug Advertising Exposure on Information Search”. May, 2012.
- Congratulations to Dr. David McCaffrey III as award winner to receive the Certificate of Merit for Outstanding Faculty Advisor from the National Academic Advising Association (NACADA), April, 2012.
- Congratulations to our Pharmacy Administration Graduate Student, Krutika Jariwala, for winning 2nd place in the Social Sciences category at the Graduate Student Council (GSC) Annual Research Day on April 5, 2012.
- Congratulations to Pharmacy Administration Graduate Students, Manasi Datar, Namita Joshi, and Rohan Mahabaleshwarkar, for being inducted into the Rho Chi Honor Society, March, 2012.
- Congratulations to Dr. Alicia Bouldin, for being elected as President-Elect to Phi Lambda Sigma.
- Congratulations to Dr. Erin Holmes and Pharmacy Administration Graduate Student, Manasi Datar, for receiving the APhA – APPM Presentation Merit Award for their community residency poster “Pharmacy Students’ Perceptions of Community Pharmacy Residency Programs (CPRPs) at the 2012 Annual APhA Convention in New Orleans, March, 2012.
- Congratulations to Dr. Rahul Khanna, assistant professor of pharmacy administration and research assistant professor in the Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences for receiving the AACP New Investigator Award, January, 2012. Dr. Khanna is among 18 recipients of the New Investigator Awards announced by the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy. Rahul Khanna will use the award to study the relationship between the health and well-being of caregivers of autistic children and the emotional and physical stress they experience. To read more
- Congratulations to Graduate Student, Sai Dharmarajan for receiving the William E. Farlow Fellows Award, September, 2011
- Congratulations to Graduate Students, Tasneem Lokhandwala and Clive Mendonca for receiving the Student Research Paper of the Year Award, September, 2011
- Congratulations to Drs. McCaffrey, West, Bentley, Pace and Holmes for receiving the NACDS Foundation grant titled “Measuring and Improving Primary Medication Adherence”, September, 2011
- Congratulations to Dr. David McCaffrey for receiving the University of Mississippi 2010-2011 Excellence in Advising Award
- Congratulations to Dr. David McCaffrey for receiving the School of Pharmacy Distinguished Teaching Scholar Award, May, 2011
- Congratulations to Dr. John Bentley for receiving the Friend of the Student Award from the Student Body at the 2011 School of Pharmacy Awards Program, April 15, 2011
- Congratulations to Dr. Erin Holmes for receiving the Teacher of the Year Award from the PY2 Pharmacy class at the 2011 School of Pharmacy Awards Program, April 15, 2011
- Congratulations to Zainab Shahpurwala who has been selected to be included in the 2010-11 Who’s Who class for the University of Mississippi
- Winfield and Rachel Cotton Lecture – February 15, 2011 – 1:30 pm – TCRC 1000 – Dr. Kenneth Kaitin, Director and Research Professor, Tufts University, will present :Pharmaceutical Innovation at a Crossroads: Economic and Political Perspectives on the Drug Development Process” Learn more
- Garners Establish Endowment in January, 2011 Read more
- Dr. Rahul Khanna has been included as an Associate Member of the UMMC Cancer Institute in December, 2010
- Dr. Yi Yang and Dr. Donna West-Strum published “Understanding Pharmacoepidemiology” December, 2010
- Coy Waller Lecture – October 29, 2010 -11:00 AM- Gertrude Ford Center – Dr. Marv Shepherd will present “The Worldwide Landscape of Counterfeit Drugs”
- Dr. David McCaffrey was presented the UM-SOP Service Award at the Faculty Retreat on August 5, 2010
- Drs. David McCaffrey and Noel Wilkin were promoted to Professor-Department of Pharmacy Administration, July 2010
- Kyle Null was recognized as an AACP Wal-Mart Scholar, with Dr. Alicia Bouldin serving as Faculty Advisor, at the AACP Annual Meeting in Seattle, WA, July 2010
- Dr. Alicia Bouldin was invited to be a member of the American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education editorial board, July 2010
- Kyle Null and Phil Schwab, graduate students in the Department, receive Podium Presentation Awards at the Southern Pharmacy Administration Conference in Memphis, TN, June 2010
- Drs. Donna West-Strum and John Bentley were part of the Science of Safety research team that was awarded the FDA Leveraging/ Collaboration Award , June 2010
- Congrats to Dr. David McCaffrey for being selected the UM 2009-2010 Pharmaceutical Sciences Teacher of the Year, May 2010
- Tushar Padwal, a M.S. graduate student, begins a summer internship in the Qualitative Services and Statistics Division at BioVid Corporation in Princeton, NJ , May 2010
- Clive Mendonca, a PhD graduate student, begins a summer internship in the marketing and commercialization department at ToleRx Inc. in Cambridge, MA, May 2010
- Dr. David McCaffrey received the Friend of the Student award at the School of Pharmacy Awards Day, April 2010
- Kyle Null, a Ph.D. student, was named PY1 Teaching Assistant of the Year, April 2010
- Phil Schwab, Ph.D. candidate, received honorable mention for his poster presentation at the American Pharmacists Association Annual Meeting in Washington, D.C., March 2010
- Su Bunniran, a doctoral candidate, received the Department’s Graduate Student Paper of the Year Award, August 2009
- Kyle Null was awarded the William E. Farlow Fellowship by the Department Faculty, July 2009
- Dr. Dewey Garner received the Hall of Fame award from the Mississippi Pharmacists Association, June 2009
- Su Bunniran was awarded the Graduate Achievement Award from The University of Mississippi, April 2009
- Clive Mendonca, graduate student, was awarded the Teaching Assistant of the Year award by the P-3 pharmacy class at the School of Pharmacy Awards assembly, April 2009
- Dr. John Bentley received recognition as an APRS-APhA Fellow at the APhA annual meeting in San Antonio, TX, March 2009
- Dr. Dewey Garner received the A. Richard Bliss Grand Council Citation of Appreciation from Kappa Psi at the APhA annual meeting, March 2009
- Dr. Ben Banahan is named Director of the Center for Pharmaceutical Marketing and Management (CPMM).
- Drs. John Bentley and Alicia Bouldin were named Thelma H. Cerniglia Distinguished Teaching Scholars by the School of Pharmacy, 2008
- Medical Marketing Economics LLC, a consulting group based in Oxford, has committed $350,000 to support The University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy. Part of this gift will be used to create and endow the MME Fellowship in Pharmacy Administration, 2008
- Dr. Noel Wilkin, who previously held the position of Chair of the Pharmacy Administration department and Director of the Center for Pharmaceutical Marketing and Management in The University of Mississippi School Of Pharmacy, has been appointed as the University’s Associate Provost, January 2008