- Ph.D. University of Mississippi, Department of Pharmacognosy, School of Pharmacy
- Research Scientist, National Center for Natural Products Research
Dr. Ibrahim focuses on exploring natural resources and synthetic compounds as anti-cancer, anti-infectious, and brain disorders drug leads and understanding their mechanism of action. His studies cover lead optimization and PK/PD assessments for clinical studies. To achieve these goals, he takes advantages of the various reliable chromatographic techniques and the stat-of Art NMR and Mass Spectrometry. He also deals with rare resources to identify and characterize complex active drug leads.
- Singha S.K., Muhammad I., Ibrahim M.A., Wang M., Ashpole N.M., Shariat-Madar Z. 2019. 4-O-Methylhonokiol Influences Normal Cardiovascular Development in Medaka Embryo. Molecules 24(3), 475-496.
- Malak L.G., Ibrahim M.A., Moharram A.M., Pandey P., Tekwani B.L., Doerksen R.J., Ferreira D., Ross S.A. 2018. Antileishmanial Carbasugars from Geosmithia langdonii. Journal of Natural Products 81 (10), 2222-2227.
- Schrader K.K., Ibrahim M.A., Abd-Alla H.I., Cantrell C.L. Pasco D.S. 2018. Antibacterial Activities of Metabolites from Vitis rotundifolia (Muscadine) Roots against Fish Pathogenic Bacteria. Molecules 23, 2761-2768.
- Ibrahim M.A., El-Alfy A.T., Ezel , Radwan M.O, Shilabin A.G., Kochanowska-Karamyan A.J., Abd-Alla H.I., Otsuka M., Hamann M.T. 2017. Marine Inspired 2-(5-Halo-1H-indol-3-yl)-N,N-dimethylethanamines as Modulators of Serotonin Receptors: An Example Illustrating the Power of Bromine as Part of the Uniquely Marine Chemical Space. Marine Drugs 15, 248(1-14).
- Ibrahim M.A., Na M., Oh J., Schinazi R.f., McBrayer T.R., Whitaker T., Doerksen R.J., Newman D.J., Zachos L.G., Hamann M. T. 2013. Significance of endangered and threatened plant natural products in the control of human disease, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 110, 16832-16837.
- Muhammad I., Ibrahim M.A., Khan S. I., Jacob M.R., Tekwani B.L., Walker L.A., Sameylenko V. 2012. Pentacyclic Ingamine Alkaloids, a New Antiplasmodial Pharmacophore from the Marine Sponge Petrosid Ng5 Sp5. Planta Medica 72 (15), 1690-1697.
- Ibrahim M.A., Mansoor, Arsala A., G., Amanda, Ashfag, M. Khalid, Jacob, M., Hamann, M.T. 2009. Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)-active metabolites from Platanus occidentalis (American sycamore). Journal of Natural Products 72 (12), 2141–2144.
Ibrahim M.A. and Hamann, M.T. (Jan. 21, 2014). Methods of control Staph infection using glycosides from the American Sycamore. (Patent US 8,633,166 B2).