Principal Scientist in the National Center for Natural Products Research
- Ph.D. Lucknow University, India
- M.Sc. G.B. Pant University, India
- Principal Scientist in the National Center for Natural Products Research
- Coordinator, UM/WRAIR Discovery Program
- Professor of Pharmacology
- Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Genomics of Eukaryotic Pathogens; New Drug Discovery Research. Comparative functional & structural genomics of common target pathways/enzymes of eukaryotic pathogens (Plasmodium falciparum; Leishmania donovani and Trypanosoma brucei). In vitro screening (molecular target-based and cell based assays); Development of assays and High Throughput Screening; Molecular cloning, overexpression, functional characterization and validation of potential target enzymes;
- Molecular basis of pathogenesis of the disease caused by eukaryotic pathogens;
- In vitro drug metabolism and drug-drug interactions.
- Laboratory animal models of the disease (malaria & leishmaniasis) and in vivo screening.
- New insights into to mechanism of drug induced hemolytic toxicity; In vitro assays for prediction of hemolytic toxicity potential of drugs.
- Epigenetic mechanism of neuronal cells’ differentiation; In vitro screening of natural products for effects on neuritic outgrowth.