- Ph.D. University of Georgia 1998
- B.S.Ph. Ohio Northern University 1994
- Interim Chair of BioMolecular Sciences
- Professor of Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacology
- Research Professor in the Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Dr. McCurdy is interested in the design and synthesis of Nociceptin/Orphanin FQ (N/OFQ) non-peptide ligands based on receptor modeling studies and the molecular modeling of the NOP (nociceptin opioid receptor) receptor and other opioid receptors to distinguish non-peptide binding modes as well as to determine selectivity. He also studies the design and synthesis of Neuropeptide FF (NPFF) non-peptide ligands based on the active neuropeptide sequence.